Moving Into Your New Home
If purchasing your home through a Sutton Preferred agent, you will receive moving discounts and coupons via email from local businesses to help save on some of the moving costs. Moving Wolf (our in-house real estate program) delivers these discounts to you and does not sell your email to a third party. Here are some tips for a smooth and stressful move:
- If you are moving from a previous home, make sure all utility companies have been called to cancel services on your moving day and have the services you want working at your new location.
- Shop around and get quotes on boxes, reliable moving companies, rental trucks, pizza for dinner etc. Check out the Moving Wolf discounts and coupons that have been emailed to you.
- Be sure to label all breakables and boxes per room. It will help when unpacking.
- Update your new address with key contacts: Canada Post, doctors, friends, schools, pharmacy, etc. It is worth paying for an auto forward on all Canada Post mail. This will allow you to see who is mailing you at your old address and give you extra time to update them.
- If you have children, include them in the move and remember change can be very overwhelming. Try and make it exciting for them!
- Family pet(s) will be overwhelmed as well. It is recommended to maybe have someone babysit the family pet(s) during the actual move so they don’t happen to get out when it is most likely the doors will be open most of the day.
Welcome Home! Congratulations on the purchase of your new home!